May 7, 2018
Welcome to part one of the
Studio 78 Podcast Branding Series! This four-part series will dive
in to understanding your why, messaging, and building a website and
provide resources, tools, and tips for getting started.
APPLE PODCASTS |
Part one of this series focuses on your why with Robyn from
Robyn Young & Co. She is a branding strategist and creative
with a strong vision and eye for creativity. In this episode, she
defines what a brand is and how to differentiate between establishing a brand and
applying branding elements. We dive into questions
every business owner should answer about themselves to ensure their
business is easily referable to others.
ITEM: At the end of this episode, pull out pen and
paper and answer all of the questions she mentions.
Please share your
Support the show:
- A brand is not just a logo and a website
- It’s important to determine your focus to ensure your product
or service is referable; meaning people know how to describe your
business when talking to others
- Questions she wants her clients to know the answer to:
- What’s the purpose of the business?
- Why does it exist?
- What’s the change that you’re trying to make in the world,
industry, or your customers life — in a really compelling way?
- Is it the process that makes the business different or the
- Is that difference important to your customer?
- What is the deeper reason you want to dedicate your life to
- Why did you select this product or service?
- Choose one area to excel in first and then you can eventually
start selling/providing other services/products
- As a brand strategist, the elements that Robyn initially
focuses on are:
- Mission statement
- Value prop
- Market fit (where are the gaps you’re looking to fill in the
market and how can you position yourself differently from your
competitors so you’re really sticky?)
- Who are you talking to? What’s your customer profile? What do
we know about them? Possibly use existing brands that you know that
they love to build a smart visual brand for yourself that will
appeal to your customer base.
- Core values: what roots you, your morals; as you’re looking for
partnerships and employees, ask yourself do these people value the
same thing that you value?
- Vision statements: what’s the change you want to see in the
world, industry, or your customers life
- After research and strategy, you then can create your visual
- Create a brand with purpose
- Visual elements help communicate your brand
The post 56. Branding Series Part 1 of 4: Determining Your
Why appeared first on Nache’ Snow - Resources for Creative Entrepreneurs |
Studio 78 Podcast | Entrepreneur, Maker + Queen of Side